Immigration Services

Attorneys Kelley Chenhalls and Jennifer Nissen devote their entire practice to immigration law, with a particular focus on employment-based immigration services. Chenhalls Nissen, S.C. represents corporate employers, nonprofit organizations, individual employees, and family members. The firm assists clients with immigrant and nonimmigrant visas, adjustment of status and naturalization applications, etc., offering personalized, responsive service to make complex processes as straightforward as possible.

Temporary Work Visas

Temporary work visas are required for foreign nationals who want to enter the United States to work temporarily for a specific employer. Employers in the United States may need the help of foreign workers in their operations on U.S. soil, and in the… Read More

Employment-Based Permanent Residence

Each year, the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act provides for approximately 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas. Foreign nationals who enter the United States on one of these visas may become lawful permanent residents of the United States (g… Read More


The attorneys at Chenhalls Nissen, S.C. understand the specialized immigration needs of physicians and other medical professionals. We represent doctors, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, and other medical profes… Read More


Foreign national professionals who do not have U.S. work authorization need to obtain the appropriate work visa before beginning employment in the United States. At Chenhalls Nissen, we represent individuals, along with colleges and universities, Ame… Read More

Global Intracompany Transfers

The global economy is constantly growing and changing, and companies in the United States increasingly need to transfer essential personnel from affiliate companies abroad to maintain a competitive edge. Businesses need knowledgeable legal guidance t… Read More

Religious Workers

Religious organizations in the United States may require the services of a foreign national to fill a role as a minister, in a religious vocation, or in a religious occupation. Religious organizations may sponsor religious workers on a temporary or l… Read More

Family-based Immigration

U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (green card holders) are able to sponsor certain family members to join them in the United States. U.S. Citizens may sponsor spouses, parents, siblings, adult sons and daughters, and children; permanent re… Read More


Lawful permanent residents (green card holders) who wish to become citizens of the United States do so through a process called naturalization. Generally, there is a five-year waiting period from the time a person becomes a permanent resident to be e… Read More

I-9 Compliance

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986 requires employers in the United States to verify employees’ identity and eligibility for employment. Failure to comply with these requirements can result in both civil and criminal sanctions fo… Read More